Friday, August 11, 2006

No News...

Here we are a week later and the natives are quiet here in the magic city. No longer are the people in the streets of Little Havana. However some old man is making a fortune selling small Cuban flags next to Versailles Restaurant out of the back of his car. Driving round town I have been seeing more of those car flags with the Cuban Flag instead of the regular college or professional sports team on them. Given the recent news, I would be surprised if the local stations already have obituary pieces, photo montages and other special video ready to roll. The Herald has to have a list of headlines ready to choose from. Here are some of my favorites:

CASTRO DEAD..MIAMI CELEBRATES

CASTRO DEAD...CUBANS CELEBRATE

LIBERTAD AT LAST...CASTRO DEAD

CASTRO DEAD...CUBA & MIAMI EXILES IN STREETS

(Feel free to add your own)


Along with any of those, I would guess one picture of beardycakes alive and then a pic of the celebration in the streets. If I were Editor, that would be my choice.

No comments: