Friday, August 04, 2006

Miami...Post Castro

This is the 20 Million Dollar Question. Miamians heading back? Cubans heading over? The last of the Gringos cashing out and leaving for Charlotte or Atlanta or Ocala?

I have a theory..one which alot of friends laugh at. I believe that the new Cubans those who came after Mariel either by raft or through 3rd countries will split and head back home. With that, they will sell what they have here and bail Miami to try to start over in Cuba.

Another theory...all that pricey real estate on Brickell and Miami Beach...all them condos..they will continue to fall in price as the foreign money that is keeping that biz afloat will be invested in a new Cuba. No longer will the Columbians, Venezuelans or Brazilians invest here when they can be part of something me in Cuba. Why speculate here after the boom when you can go in on the ground floor. I am holding out so I can buy me that Oceanfront Condo in Hallendale or North Miami Beach for under $135k. It will be just me and the Canadians

No comments: