Friday, July 29, 2005

El Traffic

I was talking to some family today from out of town who happened to be in Miami over the past weekend and they tell me "what's the deal with the traffic". I proceed to remind them that like in real estate its all about location. Buy your house close to where you work.

I am 10 minutes on a bad day and nothing but back roads...no interstates, tolls or roads with more than 2 lanes. I thank God everyday that we never bought that house out west with all those who chose a newer home over location and neighborhood. "Well I paid 125k for a brand new 3/2" was what I heard over and over when I bought my beautiful home near the Falls for around 160 in early 1999. I kept telling the wife..at least we don't live in East Naples and I can't wash my neighbors hair when we are both taking a shower in the morning in our respective homes (for those of you a little slow.. this refers to the common zero lot line properties and their closeness). I sometimes wonder what goldmine I would be sitting on if I had bought that wood frame teardown in Pinecrest that they wanted low 200s for back in 1999. I haven't driven by it lately but am sure its now torn down with a McMansion on it and the schlepper that bought it when I didn't probably made a mint....

No comments: